Welcome to Our Neighborhood!
This site is maintained by Hunter's Park Community Association, Inc. and is designed to be a communications center and an information resource for our residents. Feel free to contact us with your comments and suggestions.
* * * Important Trash Pickup UPDATE * * *
If you have not received your WCA sticker for your blue polycart, you must now get it by calling WCA at 281-368-8397, updating your account, and having them mail the sticker to your address.
The HPCA office will no longer be handing out WCA stickers.

Contact Us
Governing Bear Creek Village
Sections 01-13 & Bear Creek Trails
4503-A Hickory Downs Drive
Houston, Texas  77084
Resident Services Hours: Weekdays 9 AM4 PM
Phone: 281.463.1216
Fax: 281.463.4071

Online Payments
RESIDENTS:  E-check and credit card payments can be made online by clicking on the link below. You will need your account number, which is listed on any statement you receive from HPCA. For further assistance, call the office at 281.463.1216 during regular business hours.

Neighborhood News
Trash Cans Must Be Stored Out of View - All trash cans must be stored out of public view except when being put out for trash pick up. Trash cans, recycle cans, and heavy trash items may be put out at the curb the evening before regular trash pickup day. Once the trash service is done for the day cans must be returned to their storage area out of public view.  
Trash cans may be stored in the garage, in the backyard or behind an ACC-approved structure or hedge that does not extend past the front primary building line. Fill out the ACC form with materials, height, location and general description. Approval is quick and easy. (Note: WCA will not pick up construction debris.)
If an attempt is not made to store trash cans out of public view a deed restriction letter will be mailed to the property owner and/or resident and a $50 administrative fee may be incurred.
Sod is the Word - The majority of BCV homes have been rebuilt.  Now it is time to get the yards in order and that includes putting sod down over the dirt.  Besides the fact that sod or some kind of ground cover is required on our yards, every time it rains if no ground cover is present dirt is washing into the streets and either lining the curbs or adding to the silt that is affecting our flood woes.  So...as spring approaches get your ground covered!  
Xeroscaping is an option when it comes to covering the dirt.  
Xeroscape: a style of landscape design requiring little or no irrigation or other maintenance, used in arid regions.  Xeroscaping costs less to maintain and conserves water.  There are many websites for this concept, the following is a good place to start: Landscape Water Conservation - Xeriscape
Please fill out an ACC form concerning your xeroscape concept.
BCV101 - or Everything You Wanted To Know About Your Neighborhood But Were Too Busy To Ask - During the fall of 2018 the HOA Board of Directors offered this class to all residents. We are offering this opportunity to learn more about your community and its governing body again. Six classes were held last fall, each lasting a little over an hour. Several board members will be at the sessions. Look for times and dates in the near future here on the website and on the marquees.
Does the Office Still Need Your Alternate Address? With so many residents displaced after Harvey, the HOA office needed alternate addresses in order to send necessary correspondence. Now that most of you are back in your homes (Yay!) the office would like to remove these addresses from our system if they are no longer needed or if the alternate address has changed. This purge will cut down on the duplicate mailings. Please email the office at hpca@bearcreeknetwork.org with updates.

Upcoming Events
HPCA Board Meeting
Thursday, April 11th, 6:30 PM at HPCA Community Center
Residents Welcome!
HPCA Board Meeting
Thursday, May 9th, 6:30 PM at HPCA Community Center
Please Join Us!

Trash Pickup Notice
Trash Pickup Schedule
WCA is our trash provider. Service is set up through WCA and fees are directly paid to WCA by each resident household. In January 2019, WCA implemented a sticker program. Every quarter, after your bill has been paid a different color sticker will be mailed to you. Put the sticker on the front left side of the your large polycart.
Service days are Wed and Sat, recycle on Wed, heavy trash both days. Please have your polycarts out at the curb by 7am on those days, facing the street but not in the street. Do not use the smaller gray polycart for anything but recyclable materials. Should you have any service or billing questions about your trash service contact WCA directly at 281-368-8397.

News of Note

DEBRIS REMOVAL: Construction debris will need to be cleared from the front of your home in a timely manner.  WCA will not removed construction debris, bagged or not.  Rent a dumpster or contract a removal service.  Share the expense with a neighbor.  Dumpsters are allowed in the driveway or yard, not in the street. WCA will remove tree or shrub limbs or branches only if it is bundled in 4 foot lengths.


ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL REMINDER: All structural changes, including roofing, painting, structural additions, etc. to your home whether you flooded or not must be submitted to the HPCA office for review and approval. The turnaround time for approval is very quick. In many cases you can submit things like paint colors and roof style/materials via email for the fastest response. Reminder - fence pickets can be no higher than 6 feet with a 6 inch rot board. (See DR #12, Page 3.)


NEIGHBORHOOD RESOURCES: Many questions you have concerning the neighborhood, trash service, street lights, security, etc., are answered here on our website: BearCreekNetwork.org. Residents may also email our office staff at office@bearcreeknetwork.org.


SECURITY: Always call constable dispatch at 281-463-6666 concerning any suspicious activity you see. Do not wait. If you want to also report it to the HPCA office, always call constable dispatch first.

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
HHW Info Hotline: 281.560.6200 (Español: 281.560.6232)
Click here to see what qualifies as HHW.
How to drop off your HHW items:
Harris County provides free disposal of HHW at the following location:
6900 Hahl Road (290 & North Gessner - less that 10 miles from BCV)
Every Wednesday - 9AM - 3PM
Second Saturday of each month: 9 AM - 2 PM
For additional dates and holiday closures, go to: Harris County Engineering
Water District  281.375.5978
Congressman Ted Poe's note about Bear Creek Village and Voluntary Buyouts: Click here to read an email sent on May 25th.
IMPORTANT “FAQ’s” ... from HPCA for Bear Creek Village
Can I park a trailer/RV in my driveway while my home repairs are being made?
Yes only if you absolutely need them at this point.  If you and your immediate family are able to live safely in your home we ask that the trailer or RV that you may have been using since Harvey be removed as soon as possible.  Please contact the HPCA office and give us an estimate of how much longer you anticipate living in your trailer/RV.  
What approvals do I need from HPCA for the repairs that I will be making to my home?
Interior repairs to your home do not require any approval from HPCA. If the exterior of your home remains the same as before the flood, you are good to go.
Items that need to be submitted for approval include: roof replacement materials & color, exterior paint selection and any changes to the exterior of your home. Please complete the Architectural Review Application and email to ACC@BearCreekNetwork for consideration. (If this document is opened in Adobe Reader – a free app – it can be completed online, saved, and emailed directly to HPCA.)
The Architectural Control Committee will answer your request as soon as possible. A few notes:
ROOF REPLACEMENT - Must be at least a 30 year, dimensional, architectural design shingle (Metal roofs will be considered.)
EXTERIOR PAINT - Color choices for house and trim must be listed by manufacturer and exact color number.
FENCE repair – 6 foot maximum picket; may also have a 6” rot board (If you are requesting to move your fence line, please include a detailed drawing.)

If you plan to rebuild your entire structure after a complete tear-down, your detailed building specifications will need to be reviewed by an engineer and will require more time for approval.
Trailers, PODS, and Dumpsters: We understand your need to use outside resources during your reconstruction projects. Please keep such items out of the street so that dump trucks and utility vehicles can easily pass. Such items will be allowed to be parked or stored on your lawn for several months. Once you no longer need these please have them removed as soon as possible.
UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFO: Please log in to your BearCreekNetwork.org account and make sure it is up to date, including telephone numbers, emergency contact info and pet details.This info is not available to the public, but can be of great use to law enforcement personnel and the HPCA office staff should there be any concerns with your property that requires them to contact you.

FREE Family Health Service
The Harris County Public Health Department is sponsoring a FREE FAMILY HEALTH SERVICES event:
Date: Saturday, March 16, 2019
Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location: Richard & Meg Weekley Community Center
8440 Greenhouse Road ~ Cypress, TX 77433
Children's vaccines ~ Children's dental services ~ Wellness screenings ~ Free pet vaccines & microchipping ~ Free fruits & vegetables, and MUCH MORE.
For more details in both English and Spanish: Free Family Health Services Flyer

Bear Creek Village Drainage Presentation
The Harris County Engineering Department held  a community engagement meeting for Bear Creek Village on January 24, 2019. Click on the link below to view the Bear Creek Village subdivision drainage project presented at this meeting as a part of the 2018 bond program.

Harris County Animal Cruelty Taskforce

If you ever need to report a case of animal cruelty or neglect, there is a new resource: Harris County Animal Cruelty Taskforce. The taskforce was formed with the primary goal of streamlining the process of where and how animal cruelty can be reported in the Greater Houston Area. Call 832-927-PAWS to report or go their website and fill out the form provided. The website has important information on how to respond if/when you witness animal cruelty.


Harvey Assistance

Harvey Assistance – The HPCA office has been given the following names of organizations that are still ready to assist those in need of all kinds of Harvey help. These websites detail what the groups have to offer as well as what type of documentation is needed. While HPCA does not specifically offer endorsements for these groups, we do know that help is still out there. Please contact them directly should you need additional information:

Hope Disaster Recovery

BuildAid Houston

Harvey Home Connect

Memorial Assistance Ministries

Flood District Information

How to Contact Public Officials about Flooding Issues ...


As your HOA, and also residents of this neighborhood, we have always been concerned about the flooding situation here. But as only one entity operating under specific bylaws, HPCA cannot effect change.  However the HOA does certainly intend to pass along to residents the best information available so that, as a community, residents can urge public officials to take action


There are 1973 homes in this neighborhood. Individual letters, emails, and phone calls will be noticed. Some of your neighbors have been writing and calling for years. Now that the U.S. Congress and the State of Texas have publicly voted to have funds put toward flood prevention and reparation we can no longer be told that the money is not there. The public needs to '”help” the powers-that-be determine how to use those funds.  In the meantime, on a more personal level, please make every effort to clean out the gutter in front of your home to help with the water flow as well as keeping debris from getting into and clogging the storm sewers.


Below is a list of other officials that have some area of responsibility for our flooding concerns. We urge you to email them directly with your ideas and expectations.


Harris County Flood Control District

Online Contact Form

Phone: 713-682-4000


U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Galveston District

Addicks and Barker Dams and Reservoirs

Email: swgpao@usace.army.mil

Phone: 281-497-0740


Harris County Precinct 3

Commissioner Steve Radack

Email: pct3@pct3.com

Phone: 713-755-6306


Harris County Precinct 4

Commissioner Jack Cagle

Email: commissionercagle@hcp4.net

Email: cadir@hcp4.net

Phone: 713-755-6444


Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo

Phone: 713-274-7000


Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner

Email: sylvester.turner@houstontx.gov

Phone: 713-837-0311


City of Houston District A

Councilwoman Brenda Stardig

(Clay Road bridge is in this district)

Email: DistrictA@houstontx.gov

Phone: 832-393-3010


Texas State Senate District 7

Senator Paul Bettencourt

Online Contact Form

Email: paul.bettencourt@senate.texas.gov

Phone: 512-463-0107


Texas House of Representatives

Rep. Dwayne Bohac, District 138

Email: Dwayne.bohac@house.state.tx.us

Phone: 512-463-0727


United States Senate

U.S. Senator John Cornyn

Online Contact Form

Phone: 202-224-2934


United States Senate

U.S. Senator Ted Cruz

Online Contact Form

Phone: 202-224-5922


United States House of Representatives

Congressman Dan Crenshaw, Second District

Online Contact Form

Phone: 202-225-6565